Sunday, May 17, 2009

Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'...

Of late my posts have been laments about one thing or the other.. oh wait, i have to check if its actually "of late" or whether it has always been one!. anyways here i am going to lament/whine again, after all if i cannot whine in my own blog then where?? although i am only an occasional whining/lamenting/cribbing sort of person in my daily life , i think i am making excellent progress in that department.

So things have not been great . I have not had any fun that counts as FUN in sometime , forgot the last time i got out from my place other than for work. My social life is null. I have no idea where all my friends have disappeared. that is other than the few i lost to holy matrimony , the other few i lost to the united stated of Amrika , the rest so called available are not so available these days . They are all busy with work, bf/gf , stuffs i do not know what. other day i felt like talking to someone and all i could think of was setting my FB status as " feels like talking..a pair of ears missing " but then decided not to go with it sighting unwanted attention. Also I have started ignoring fone calls :|

Weekends are a nice concept , and if you do not have to work on weekends its a blessing .So this weekend ( my work free weekend ) on Saturday i refused to leave my bed other than for the necessities and Sunday made plans with my friend which later she ditched me to go see her BF. since she only managed to see him only once in a week , i didn't throw any of my tantrums. Hence what i was left with was zero plans and also no backup plans. My roomie was going for a Hindi play somewhere and asked me to tag along but i refused for no apparent reason. To make things messier , i called home to a disturbed mom who has the knack of passing on disturbia.its infectious.. so altogether by Sunday afternoon i was in awfully bad sulky mood..

And then by late afternoon it rained, cooling not just the rising mercury in Bglr. I watched the rain through my window for sometime with Sufi music in the background . But being not the kind of person who enjoys rain sitting indoors , I was getting reckless..I have to be in it. so i quickly changed into some rain friendly clothes and slippers which later proved to be not so rain friendly , borrowed my roomies umbrella and ventured out into the rain. By that time the sky was dark with angry clouds and some occasional lighting and thunder.. all the shopfronts were packed with people waiting for the rain to mellow down .The roads were already mucky and the water had bought in all sort of filths to the pavements.And I just walked. The view was spectacular ..Trees swaying in response to the wind and music of the rain accentuated by thunder and lighting , sloppy couples getting cozy in busstops and autos , highly healed ladies looking serious and grave . i walked almost 2 Kms .. and by that time the rain has reduced to a drizzle and the sun was partially out. It all felt like momentary bliss to me , like natures way of telling to a live in the moment and savour it , or no matter how heavy the rain is , how dark the clouds are , the sun comes out eventually :) . Rain is therapeutic ! So since this was a perfect hot chocolate moment , I had to had to have one right there , but restrained from getting into a coffee place all drenched and muddy.Hmmm..

Maybe I should call home and ask my mom to get some rain herself , but yeah, she will not buy it.. For now, I am back to being happy and glad that i walked the walk. :)

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me!!

4 comments:

kaushik said...

Ya!!!!

nothing like a walk in the rain..

♥ Braja said...

Ammalu, give me some hints on good Sufi music you're listening to?

kaushik said...

???kya hogaya jee???

Ammalu said...

I dunt know :( ... i thought i will take a short break but now i cant break from my break. Have been reading all ur posts too, but was too lazy to leave a comment. :(