Friday, August 29, 2008

I.Refuse.To.Grow.Up

I refuse to grow up...

I have reached a certain age of m life...a certain age where jantha around (read family, friends, neighbors ...all those who know me in some way )expect an whole together different set of things from me, where I am expected to act like a grown up (wut ever that is )they prefer to see me settled (read get married n raise kids )...add to the mayhem basically...you will be provided with reasons too..they say this is the time.. but wut eludes me is how do they know this is the time or right time or more specifically whether it is the right time for me??That it is neither one year later nor was it one year before..but NOW… How come they know what is right for me, what works for me or just because I reached a certain age I should be doing certain things, despite the fact that whether I want to do those … I find it difficult to comprehend jantha’ point.

Giving it a thot…almost all from my age group are married…some have kids, one of them even has twins...but I never got tempted/inspired/lets give it a try thot..nope.nothing .never. I remember reading somewhere man is born free but everywhere in chains, and most of the chains are self imposed,, courtesy of marriage, the only difference is whether you end up liking the chain or not..But a chain nevertheless.. and kids..ofcourse kids are on the cards,,but am I ready..well, the answer is NO..And all they say is its time …

So what should I be doing now, do not lend my ear to the experienced jantha and do it when I feel the time is right? Or...… Sigh…Anyways as far as jantha refuses to fathom my point, I do not have much of a choice rite... Emotional blackmailing is what I detest and I know for sure one day I will succumb to the same whether I like it or not... jeez….who’s in charge of my life????

Anyways letting u jantha know once gain…I refuse to grow up!!!

No comments: