Tuesday, March 3, 2009

lov u, grandmom :(

A terrible terrible week passed by. An unexpected unwanted visitor at home took my grandmother away from all of us... the pivot that kept everyone together has fallen apart.One of the major influences of my life, the most righteous person I would ever have known has disappeared behind the curtain leaving the stage. I always thot of her as Omnipotent thereby making it difficult for me to comprehend the fact that a terrible thing like death cud touch her . She was never scared of death , but leaving her dear ones behind always petrified her. I have never seen her cribbing about anything or anyone and even in extreme difficluties she always placed her discomfort last. She looked forward to all the festivals and holidays since thats when her grandkids visit, and when we do her face lites up like the sky on a starry nite. Shes gone is known to me as a fact but at the back of my mind I still think if I go to her room she mite still be there , still laughing teasing my brother about his girlfriend...but suddenly in the middle of other things it strikes me that shes gone forever . I wouldnot be able to see her toothless smile anymore , cannot hug or kiss her , cannot listen to her stories from the past and a million other things ...thats when I feel the pain of a thousand needles piercing ..

Life wudnt be the same anymore for any of us...

2 comments:

kaushik said...

Oh...I am so sorry..you must be feeling miserable and I wish words could cheer people up...

I always make myself believe that my grandparents are always with me, silently looking over me, and laughing and crying with me...and on specially bad days, they come and talk to me in my dreams to cheer me up...

it will be hard now, but later you will remember the million memories of your patti and that will keep her alive inside you somewhere...

Ammalu said...

hm.. but I hav already started hating the days when she will become just a memory .thx for the kind words though :)