Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Down with Oscar fever

I am done with watching most of the Oscar line up for good movies this year..
my half a penny worth of thoughts on the movies goes this way :::

The reader - good movie , great acting. Kate Winslet proved again she knows her craft inside out .I liked the kid too who played the Kid, Micheal .

Benjamin Button - worth "a" watch is a safe bet. I guess the movies intention was to make you feel sorry for the male protagonist , but ended up making u feel bad about Blanchett's character.

Slumdog M - did not deserve the Oscar . all the kids were terrific, very slummy( just coined it) with their demeanor, especially younger Jamaal although Dev Patel did not look the slightest of a slum boy.

Milk - adored Sean Penn. should have won the Oscar hands down.

5 comments:

kaushik said...

Kate is the best! Always liked her, great that she won the oscar (although would have loved it if she got it for eternal sunshine)

I felt Benjamin was too long...3 hrs without songs :( I was expecting a lot more from the movie, going by the teasers, some philosophy about time....it turned out to be "normal" movie with a freakish story

I liked Slumdog. Oscar worthy or not, I don't know. Titanic and Gladiator have won it, and so has Brokeback...guess which type of movie they honor depends on the year... although, the movie would have been much better if they had removed anil kapoor from it!

BTW, loved your tag: The world needs more swear words!

Ammalu said...

completely agree with the Anil Kapoor part and he acted like a kid in a candy shop in all the award functions :P ..n songs in benjamin wudhav been a gud idea..I wudnt hav minded brad shaking a leg :D

Razzer said...

Good. Short reviews r way better than thse pesky, detailed ones.

I'll visit u some more.
Anand. :-)

Razzer said...

Hey u,

It's big but it's finally out..
The last part of the Legend of Krishna. I worked as fast as I cud so u r not left unsatisfied...
Hope u like it. Lemme know wot u think.

:-)

Razzer said...

'sextually transmitted disease' for STD?? Hahaahaaaa..
And yet u won?? Too kool.

Never been to Bang. I surely will one of these days. :-)